(flashback friday... back to OUR wedding day. this is right after we got married at city hall in jersey city. gosh that was a great day!!) image c/o cheyenne mojica
hey friends! it's friday! we'v e got some pretty awesome things to be thankful for this week, despite the fact that i got in a 6-car accident on one of the busiest highways in the NYC metro area (causing probably hundreds of thousands of people to miss their flight, be late for work, miss an appointment, etc. etc. etc.) and i sliced my finger cutting a bagel this morning (in my defense, the knife was dull and it was difficult to cut the bagel, sharp knives are safe knives people!!)
- hung gets to be the best man in his best friends wedding, a 3-day indian wedding bash that we're SO excited for.... mostly for two great people in love and getting married, but also the food. yeah, definitely the food.
- we got OUR wedding photos from our photographer, cheyenne mojica, this week! i'm beside-myself-excited about them (if you couldn't tell already from my instagram feed)
- we got to host friends for dinner on wednesday, teaching a non-fish eater that fish can be good! (remember the claypot salmon recipe i posted a while back? if you haven't tried it yet, you need to) being around THOSE friends always makes us feel so inspired to take a leap and follow our dreams. so thanks, john trigonis, eightymag, and milk sugar love!
- i got to try filipino food for the first time kamayan style at a potluck dinner for an eightymag photoshoot! photographer greg pallante did an awesome job catching everyone mid-huge-bite, including me with a whole rambutan stuffed into one side of my cheeks like a hamster. look for his work in the next issue of eightymag!
- on the bright side of the car accident, i get to "test drive" a mini cooper countryman until my peanut is fixed (aka i get to try out a nice 4-door, small, baby-friendly, fits-in-our-tiny-driveway car for when we will actually need to get a new car in a few years when we start making baby phans :P)